Saturday, April 30, 2011

my first step towards healing

This is the first attempt at writing down my past so please bare with me, I'm really nervous.

My mom found out the day of her high school graduation that she was pregnant! My grandmother didn't like the guy so she had him sign papers that said if he didn't pursue "father" rights my mother wouldn't pursue child support and he signed... My grandmother helps my mom and really ends up being my parent while my mom is just the occasional babysitter.
My mom is working at the local greyhound bus stop and meets this guy called Wayne (who is getting home from prison) and marries him 2 months later (I'm 1 year old). I grow up knowing Wayne as my dad..
Wayne is VERY abusive and does some crazy mean things to my mom and I for the first 10 years of my life. I have crazy memories of him that are very unorganized so bear with me as I try and write them down.
I will say right up front that I have NO memories of him every being proud of me as his "son"!!!
I only have BAD memories of him. I honestly don't think having him as a dad was any worse than living in a concentration camp. I actually feared for my life many times (as well as the life of my mom).
I don't have a "real" order of my memories but I do have LOTS of crazy memories that I'm willing to share:
first: I'm about 5 years old and my mom is gone and I'm crying wanting her back. Wayne actually puts me in a closet with a bottle and LOCKS the door. I'm stuck there until my mom gets home and gets me out of the closet.
Second: Wayne goes into the bathroom and finds pee on the toilet lid and calls me in. He beats the shit out of me and actually beats me until I try and climb behind the toilet He then pisses all over me and says "that's what you deserve"!!
Third: Wayne ask me to "draw" him a bath and finds its to hot. He takes me into the kitchen and holds my hands over the stove until I'm screaming and says "next time down't make the water so hot"!!!
4th: he ask me to "draw" his bath water and of course its to hot so he takes me into the kitchen where my mom is boiling potatoes and sticks my hands into the pot of boiling water until I scream!!!! That's what I get for making his bath water to hot...
5th: he thinks my mom is flirting with his brother so he ties her to a bed and has 2 other men come in and have sex with her while he makes me sit on the bedroom floor and watch. He then goes on to tell me this is what will happen to me if I lie. I actually am made to watch strange men have sex with my mom????
6th: My mom gets the courage to take me and leave him. He barges into my class room and actually steals me from the class telling the teacher to "fuck off". He hides me at his brothers house while he blackmails my mom. He says hes going to kill me if she doesn't come home. Of course she comes home....
I need to stop here but just know I have a milllion of these stories......

No comments:

Post a Comment