Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Support Group

My girl Lucy (the standard poodle puppy) and I walked 4 miles this morning. It was a beautiful morning and we had a great time.
I just got home from my monthly "support group", I"m always so inspired by the folks there. The first hour of the group is for people who haven't had the surgery yet. I've written about this before but it's worth 'talking' about again. There's always the people who come in with their list of questions that end up talking about all the thing's their going to have to give up. You really get the feeling that their just wanting some validation in not having the surgery.
I totally get it, the surgery isn't for everyone. It's a HUGE step and not the right step for everyone. But these people have spent almost a year going thru many hoops (and in lot's of cases lot's of money) to get to this point and then want to back out.
I also understand this is a very scary surgery and in no way am I trying to be unsympathetic. It took me several years to get up the courage to follow thru with the surgery. I guess I just don't understand how you can set thru an hour of listening to the people who have had the surgery and how amazing their life is now and that their only regret is that they didn't do it sooner and still think it's not the right thing to do.
I do believe that if your not ready for the surgery then by no means should you do it.
Again, there are many paths to a healthier life and weight and this surgery is only one of the paths. It's a path not for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! It is not for everyone but if you're ready for the journey, take it. I have a friend who had lapband surgery and had great success with it, so when you find what works, do it! I'll check in and see how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot Iwild for checking out the blog.

    ReplyDelete