Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm home...

I had my weightloss surgery at 11am this past Monday morning and after 3 days in the hospital I cam back home yesterday evening. I will say that I'm in a bit more pain that I was expecting, but that is what the pain pill are for. I came home with a bottle of Perkaset and a Morphine pump that went straight into my stomach and a fairly large drain tube in the stomach also. I just tool out the morphine pump myself about an hour ago (it was kind of cool, it just slid out with out any feeling at all. There's still a small hole though were it came out).
I'm on a Bariatric phase 2 diet (liquids that can go thru a strainer). I got up at 5;30am this morning (I am having a very hard time sleeping for any lenght of time) and had about 3 teaspoons of sugar free yogurt and my stomach felt very distended. I laid back down until 10am and then got up and had a 5 oz protein shake. Then for lunch I had 5 ozs of chicken broth with protein powder added. Tried to set out on the patio for awhile (can't concentrate enough to read my book yet), made it about an hour an then came back in for an hour nap. Got up and took my first shower since the surgery (yes I was smelly). I set up and was able to read my book for about 45 mins and then ate dinner with the family (I had 2 ozs of yogurt and they had spicy turkey helper).
I go back to the surgeon next Tuesday to check for a gut leak and to have my drain removed. I can start driving then if I'm off the pain pills (I can take one every 4 hours and I've only had one today all day). I still need them more at night but as long as I go easy in the day time my bouts of pain seem to pass fairly fast.
I am so happy to be this far along with the process and can't wait to see how I feel next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment