Monday, January 19, 2009

Amazon Kindle


Disclaimer: this is in no way a sale pitch for Amazon. It's solely a testimonial for the Kindle from a guy who loves to read.

I want to talk a bit about how much the Amazon Kindle has made my life better. This thing is just amazing. If you've had the pleasure of playing with one it's easy to see why Oprah picked it has her favorite new thing of 2008. If your a big reader then the Kindle is a must have.

I've been an avid reader for most of my adult life, reading 1 to 2 books a month. Since getting the Kindle in May of '08, I'm reading 2 books a week. I'm never with out a book to read and almost always have my next book purchased and downloaded. People are always telling me about a great book they read and recommending that I read it. With the Kindle, when ever someone recommends a book to me I right away turn it on and to to Amazon (right from the Kindle) and buy and download the book. In the old days I would try and right the name down and look for it later (often forgetting). It's just so amazing.

So far the only draw back I have encountered is that you can not share a book with a friend. I do miss passing on books to others but even with that said I can say that I have stacks of books setting around the house that for what ever reason just never got passed on..

Let me list a few of my fave things about the Kindle:


  • It feels just like reading a regular book (many times I've caught myself reaching up to turn the page).

  • Zero to little eye strain. Nothing like reading on your computer

  • Stores hundreds of books (thousands with a $15 media card), so I'm NEVER without a book to read.

  • Amazing search features. You can search all the books on your Kindle for something you remember reading about earlier. You can search the internet.

  • Built in dictionary, you just highlight the line your reading and with one click get fast definitions for the words in that sentence.

  • You can highlight a single word or several sentence's, clip and save along with any notes you wish to make. Great ideal for book club members or students.

This is just a few of the great things about the Kindle. I can't wait to hear from others with one.


2 comments:

  1. Great info on the Kindle, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 437,
    Thanks for stopping and checking out my blog. I am going ahead with WLS (RYN bypass), I just got caught up in a moment of doubt. I truly feel that this is the right thing for me. As soon as I get to 305 I can have the surgery. It's a little slow in coming off, but it will come off soon enough.

    Wishing you the best in your journey of WLS and looking forward to sharing and following you along.

    Lil' P

    ReplyDelete